[time-nuts] another Ebay mixup, 5370

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sat Jun 9 23:44:27 UTC 2007

In a message dated 6/9/2007 14:56:04 Pacific Daylight Time,
bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz writes:

>Can  you send an image of the rear panel sinewave output  waveform?

>Bruce

Hi Bruce,

just found out that the 10MHz output looks very much like the  picture in the
5370B service manual.

I am not impressed. HP could have done a better job on that output :( Maybe
my unit isn't broken after all, maybe the 200ps RMS jitter is normal?

I attached some pics of the 5370B 10MHz output here.

Will send plots of the Fury sine output in separate email, then plots of
both Fury and 5370B 10MHz outputs on the spectrum analyzer.

The 5370B is quite noisy, energy up to 700MHz. That's also clearly  visible
in the sine wave.

Of course the 200ps RMS jitter is not visible in these pics.

bye,
Said