[time-nuts] another Ebay mixup, 5370

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Sun Jun 10 21:52:17 UTC 2007

Well John, since you are asking for it (like I did not know the question
was coming...)

I spent about an hour this morning trying to understand why 7470.exe had
stopped working with my old Prologix controller, which has been assigned
permanent duty as the 494P screenshot dude. The program would give me a
cryptic (screen shot coming) error message and bail out. Prologix.exe
does not even find the device, even though the virtual COM port shows up
in Device Manager and the COM port shows up also in Prologix.exe.

It has been a while since I used it for spectrum plot. I have since
worked quite a bit with Abdul's new controller and I thought I had
somehow messed the configuration. So I reloaded everything from scratch.
Same thing. So, since I have also bought a new laptop, I installed
everything from scratch on the new laptop (WinXP Pro too). Same thing.

So I also tried the new 4.2 controller (not upgraded the firmware yet),
and while Prologixc.exe recognizes it, I can't get a screen shot either
(no error, it just times out with no message, the 494P is addressed, the
LED turns on and that's it). I have not changed the config of the 494P,
but I am wondering if the GPIB cable may be defective. It's a true blue
HP cable, but everything is possible.

Soooooo, out of desperation, and because I actually had other plans for
today :-) I took the digital camera. That always works...

By the way, I will bring the laptop next week. You are going to earn
your free dinner :-)

Didier KO4BB