[time-nuts] another Ebay mixup, 5370

Dr Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sun Jun 10 21:53:14 UTC 2007

SAIDJACK at aol.com wrote
> There are so many trimmer caps inside that for sure I am not going to move  a
> single one of 'em :)
>
> Then again I get <50ps jitter with 8.2 readings per second using the
> external Ref input, so maybe I should be content with that. That's a lot better  than
> my 53132A.
>
> Thanks again everyone for your useful hints!
>
> bye,
> Said

Said

Most of these trimmer caps are on the 200MHz frequency multiplier board.
With a spectrum analyser, a suitable probe and a ceramic tuning wand,
those trimmer caps on the frequency multiplier board should be very easy
to adjust correctly by following the documented procedure in the manual.

There is also a single trimmer capacitor on each interpolator assembly.
Adjusting these along with the symmetry, anticoincidence, and quiescent
balance pots on each interpolator assembly requires somewhat more
equipment and expertise.

Bruce