[time-nuts] another Ebay mixup, 5370

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Sun Jun 10 22:03:26 UTC 2007

Just for grins, I switched the 5370A to external reference and used the
10 MHz from the Thunderbolt (through my cheap distribution amplifier)
and the 10 MHz output of the 5370A did not change a bit (as seen on the
scope). So the spikes in the waveform must be coming from the lack of
selectivity of the output filter on the amplifier board. I believe I
adjusted it to peak the amplitude, but that makes the little spikes
occur near the zero crossing, which may not be good, I wonder if it
would not be better to detune the circuit to make those spikes appear
farther from the zero crossing? They would be less likely to affect the
rest of the circuit.

Didier