[time-nuts] another Ebay mixup, 5370

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Jun 11 01:51:35 UTC 2007

In a message dated 6/10/2007 15:08:35 Pacific Daylight Time, didier at cox.net
writes:

>scope). So the spikes in the waveform must be coming from the lack  of
>selectivity of the output filter on the amplifier board. I believe  I
>adjusted it to peak the amplitude, but that makes the little spikes
>occur near the zero crossing, which may not be good, I wonder if it
>would not be better to detune the circuit to make those spikes appear
>farther from the zero crossing? They would be less likely to affect  the
>rest of the circuit.

>Didier

Hi Didier,

looking at the 10MHz input schematics, there is probably an opportunity to
make these 5370B units a lot better. Even the 50MHz and 200MHz multiplier
boards  could be done a lot better nowadays, say with Crystal based VCXO's.

I always like opportunities like this that give better performance in an
evening or two worth of experimenting.

bye,
Said