[time-nuts] another Ebay mixup, 5370

Dr Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Mon Jun 11 02:02:57 UTC 2007

SAIDJACK at aol.com wrote:
>  Hi Bruce,
>
> sounds like I can probably do the 200MHz multiplier board adjustment. I
> wonder how much improvement that by itself, with the hardware mods will give?  I'm
> just afraid to make things worse.
>
> I used to work with TV's, and it took me years to learn how to adjust a
> good-old picture tube correctly. It's more an art than science. By giving the
> service manual a quick glance, I fear this is similar.
>
> bye,
> Said

Said

Its probably still worth looking at all the test points on this board
and seeing if the spectral content is what it should be.
If it is don't make any adjustments, otherwise adjustment should be
relatively trivial as the procedure is relatively straightforward.
However there are some capacitively (critically?) tuned resonant
circuits which will need some care to adjust correctly.

Bruce