[time-nuts] another Ebay mixup, 5370

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Jun 11 06:11:18 UTC 2007

In a message dated 6/10/2007 19:09:09 Pacific Daylight Time,
bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz writes:

>A  well designed frequency multiplier has a lower equivalent phase noise
>than any digital divider so the phase noise of a VCXO locked to a  10MHz
>reference via a digital divider and a phase locked loop will be  worse
>than when a well designed frequency multiplier is  employed.

>Bruce

Hi Bruce,

that's possible, but one does not necessarily need to use a digital divider
to use a 50/200MHz VCXO, and your statement only holds if the 10MHz  source is
clean.

I would not consider >200ps jitter  on the 10MHz clean. One of the  first
things I plan to do is try to figure out where that noise is coming from.  I
don't think it's the 10811.

bye,
Said