[time-nuts] another Ebay mixup, 5370

Henk ten Pierick henk at deriesp.demon.nl
Thu Jun 14 20:13:19 UTC 2007

Hi Said,

For jitter measurements the bandwidth, and thus the rise time, is not
important. Only the timing which is not affected by the rise time.
The filter has to settle enough so bandwidth must be high enough. A
low pass which increases the rise time is oke. For digital scopes,
and thus also for the Amhurst software, it is required to have enough
samples on the edge. Often this is done with a lowpass.
For jitter measurements, noise bandwidth is awful and should be as
low as possible.
For a spectrum analyzer noise density is important, not noise bandwidth.

Henk