[time-nuts] new paper on Allan Variance errors

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Thu Jun 14 20:32:41 UTC 2007

Oh yes, sites like that *soooo* tick me off. If you are not going to make
something publicly accessible, then IMO it shouldn't come up in the Google
search results. However, it is a legitimate tag:

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOARCHIVE">

Sticking that on your page will still let spiders crawl it, but (for Google
at least) it will not show a "Cached" link in the search results.

I complain every time to Google (link at bottom of search results page) when
I get a site that does the old bait-n-switch. I think stuff like that is
going to be the downfall of Google (ever tried to search for a part number
and hit a bazillion useless part-miner sites?)

Sorry for the rant... Now back to the regular programming....

Jason

> I resemble that remark.
>
> There's been quite a bit of discussion of how Google will point you to the
IEEE