[time-nuts] new paper on Allan Variance errors

David Forbes dforbes at dakotacom.net
Thu Jun 14 21:59:34 UTC 2007

Jeffrey Pawlan wrote:

>  I get this very thing for all the other professional societies that have good
> papers but I am not a member of those. Some charge horrendous amounts. Some even
> demand a year's subscription just to download one paper.

That's one distinct advantage of working at a university - our IP
addresses are all in the societies' and journal companies' databases as
having site licenses, so institutional papers are freely downloadable.

I won't say that it makes up for the distinctly lower pay scale, but
there are other benefits too.

--David Forbes
Tucson, AZ