[time-nuts] IEEE papers

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Fri Jun 15 02:39:13 UTC 2007

Sounds as if I am not alone in my frustration with the IEEE. I used to be a
member back in the late 60's and throughout the 70's when they even offered
me "senior member" status in the early 80's. They claimed it was on my
pioneering work on digital signal processing. Finally I just quit my
membership as the magazines kept on piling up, and, half of them I could not
even appreciate or understand. When I moved to NJ, and started my own
consulting business, I rejoined, but, only to use the health benefits that
they provide. Well, guess what, out of the 50 states, NJ is one of the one's
where they do not provide health benefits. I think MA is the other state. I
too, often search for a paper only to be lead to the IEEE web site, and that
does me no good. Frustrating, as mentioned by others, but, I usually find
someone who can get them for me. OK, my rant for the time - and it is over.
- Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ, 07731