[time-nuts] Missing page in Agilents HP 5370B manual

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Jun 23 23:54:59 UTC 2007

From: "John Miles" <jmiles at pop.net>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Missing page in Agilents HP 5370B manual
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 15:32:30 -0700

John,

> http://www.ke5fx.com/5370ba16.pdf (from the 2316A manual, 05370-90021 of May
> '83; note that this is a much-earlier document than David Kirkby's scan that
> everyone including Agilent has.)

Many thanks. It contained what I suspected. It was a show-stopper.

Now I know which addresses where the N1N2. N0 and Event counters show up.

It is interesting to note that the /256 part of the TI formula creates a very
simple means to compbine the N1N2 and N0 counter values in a 8 bit processor
such as the 6800. The high word of the N1N2 just adds ontop of the low word of
N0. Very neat. The combined N1N2 and N0 counters should be viewed as a counter
not of 20 ps steps but of 5/256 ns steps.

Cheers,
Magnus