[time-nuts] Dana Racal 1996 Questions

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Sat Mar 3 10:06:37 UTC 2007

I own a 1996 since 20 years and use it on a regular base. While I do not
fully understand the measurement arrangement in the first part of your
posting I can tell you that I get wrong readings from my 1996 as well
with a low propability. It might run ok over hours and then produce a
completely wrong result for a single measurement. I am not sure whether
this is a hardware or a software bug. It may be a software bug but with
the electrolyt capacitors in it perhaps 30 yeras old I expect some of it
to have lost part of their capacity so I can well imagine that the
device might react more sensitive on anything happen on the power line
than when it was young.

Regarding part 2 of your posting: Imagine the 1996 basically as an time
interval counter ha