[time-nuts] FreeBSD with Garmin GPS 18 LVC

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Mar 3 22:02:09 UTC 2007

> I'm trying to set up a server on a FreeBSD 6.2 system with the Garmin
> GPS 18 LVC as the PPS source.

I assume that's a NTP server.  If so, you will get better answers on
usenet:comp.protocols.time.ntp which is gatewayed to/from the
questions list at https://lists.ntp.isc.org/mailman/listinfo

=> (I get a "localhost: timed out, nothing received" error on  ntpq
> queries).

That sounds like your server isn't getting started.  There is probably an
error message in /var/log/messages

Did you setup the link from /devgps1 to /dev/ttyd?