[time-nuts] FreeBSD with Garmin GPS 18 LVC

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Mar 3 22:03:32 UTC 2007

In message: <20070303214040.6D9F9EBE69 at mail6.sea.safepages.com>
            "Keith E. Brandt, M.D." <wd9get at amsat.org> writes:
: I'm trying to set up a server on a FreeBSD 6.2 system with the Garmin
: GPS 18 LVC as the PPS source.
:
: The system works fine using pool servers (PPS not enabled), but as
: soon as I try to use the PPS signal, it acts as if ntpd is not
: running (I get a "localhost: timed out, nothing received" error on
: ntpq queries).
:
: I'm seeing good data from the GPS using minicom to look at the data
: stream and I have 4 - 6 satellites locked.
:
: My ntp.conf file contains:
:
: driftfile /etc/ntp.drift
: server 0.us.pool.ntp.org   iburst
: server 1.us.pool.ntp.org   iburst
: server 2.us.pool.ntp.org   iburst
: #
: server 127.127.20.1  mode 1   prefer
: fudge 127.127.20.1 time1 0.000   flag3 1 refid PPS
:
:
: Suggestions?

Did you compile the kernel with 'PPS_SYNC'?

Warner