[time-nuts] Happy Leap Hour Day !

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Mon Mar 12 00:25:52 UTC 2007

> What make/model? This is interesting. I have seen
> something like this before. It might work tomorrow. It
> might take one 2 AM transition. Or it might work in
> another hour when 11-Mar-2007 UTC is over. Can
> you try it again a few times and tell me when it first
> comes up with the correct time?

I have two of them. They are little travel alarms I bought for $10 each at
Walgreens. The brand is "Living Solutions". The model is "C17D3403". I will
make sure they are oriented properly and see if they are synced by tomorrow.

Actually, I bought two of these in the hope that one will die, so I can
remove the radio module and play with it :-)

> WWVB Radio Controlled Clocks: Recommended
> Practices for Manufacturers and Consumers
> http://tf.nist.gov/general/pdf/1976.pdf
>
> NIST Special Publication 432
> http://tf.nist.gov/general/pdf/1383.pdf

I read these a while back. Very informative.