[time-nuts] Question for the cesium nuts.

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sat Mar 17 00:08:40 UTC 2007

In a message dated 3/16/2007 11:34:56 Pacific Daylight Time,
tvb at leapsecond.com writes:

The  Cesium atoms make a one-way trip from one end of
the tube the other; from a  nice solid/liquid pool of silvery
cesium in the oven to a splattered mess  in the getter. So
there's no restoring the tube that once that's done.  Think
toothpaste. Think ballpoint pen. Think  taxes.

Hi Tom,

I have a used FTS-4050 unit that has a very high Cs current (meter is  maxed)
and generally doesen't seem to lock very well.

Is there anyone in the market for a used FTS-4050 for parts? I would be
interested to sell the actual Cs reference inside the unit. Want to keep the 19"
rack mount enclosure though.

The unit has a good 5MHz OCXO (modell FTS1200 I think), and of course there
are all the Cs control boards inside which are probably still good. The OCXO
makes this a nice parts unit.

Wanted to see if anyone is interested in trading etc, otherwise I may put  it
on Ebay.

bye,
Said