[time-nuts] Question for the cesium nuts.

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Mar 18 06:35:54 UTC 2007

> To pass the hammer blow test, the unit has to still function
> electrically after the blow.  It is OK if it suffers structural damage
> as long as it still works.

That's an interesting corner of the world that I've never worked with.

Is there an official test spec for destroying gear?  :(
Something like how big a bulldozer you have to crush it with.

Google finds references to a barge test, and things like this:
  http://www.aplabs.com/about/newsarchives/bftt.html
  http://www.racksolutions.com/rugged/hammer-test.shtml