[time-nuts] GPS Signal Strength Through Roof?

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Mon Mar 19 17:56:21 UTC 2007

I was planning on mounting one of those Lucent 26dB antennas in my attic,
and was wondering what the signal strength would be like through the asphalt
shingles. If I do that then it's just pretty much a straight drop down the
wall into the computer room. Would that work (have acceptable signal
strength and be able to track multiple satellites), or should I just suck it
up and mount it outside?

I guess another thing I should look at is the temp specs, since attics get
pretty hot down here in Houston during the summer.

Jason