[time-nuts] HP 5370A Frequency counter Problem(s)

Bill Janssen billj at ieee.org
Wed Mar 21 23:28:45 UTC 2007

I got a HP 5370A off of Ebay and although it looks terrible I thought it
would probably work OK.
But it doesn't :-(  I downloaded the manual and have yet to print it out.

Question;
When doing a self check by feeding the 10 MHz from the back into the
counter it counts cycles OK
but the last 3 or 4 digits are erratic. I am starting to do as much
alignment as I can but am
wondering if this is a known problem and if a cure is known.

Anyway I think I paid too much for this box of problems but will
continue to try to repair.

Any suggestions (on repair only) is appreciated

Bill K7NOM