[time-nuts] Question for the cesium nuts.

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Sat Mar 24 15:44:32 UTC 2007

Your camera probably had a cold solder joint. Maybe it was an RoHS part
soldered with standard soldering process. We have that problem all the
time with vendors sending RoHS parts with the same part  number as the
SnPb part they replace. I would not be surprised to see a lot of those
problems in the future.

I got lucky once also with an extremely compact hand held radio I got
off eBay cheap (was broken). A couple of SM parts were damaged, much
smaller than the SM parts we use where I work. However, I was able to
get the spare voltage regulator from Icom, and I replaced a diode with
an SOT-23 part I had. The SOT-23 was so much larger than the part I was
replacing, it would not fit on the pads and I had to jumper it in... The
jumper wire was bigger than the part I was replacing. Under the
microscope, it looked like there was lots of room :-)

No coffee for me that morning!

Didier KO4BB