[time-nuts] NTP Synchronised Nixie Tube Clock

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Wed May 9 03:27:38 UTC 2007

Tom Van Baak wrote,

I think all the old hp 100-series frequency standards were tube based.
Even the 100 kc crystal was mounted inside a conventional vacuum tube.
The old GR quartz standards had
tubes: http://www.leapsecond.com/museum/gr1103a/
So these would make a nice companion to that all tube nixie tube clock.

The model hp 101A was hp's first "transistorized" standard; after that
came the 103 104 106 107 105 105-44 108-11

/tvb

I have here an HP 100D 100 Kc standard in the Signal corps wooden box.
It uses several 6L6 tubes to regulate the oven temperature. Thought I'd
have fun restoring it, but my time is running out. $50 plus shipping,
with manual.

Bill Hawkins