[time-nuts] 50 vs 75 ohm cables

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Fri May 11 16:13:39 UTC 2007

In a message dated 5/10/2007 20:27:33 Pacific Daylight Time,
johnday at wordsnimages.com writes:

Fortunately we are seeing more and more DVI and HDMI around here and
they seem to have much better characteristics, the S-Video
interconnec  system is, to put it mildly, worthy of the junk  bin!

Yeah, I agree John!

The HDMI you mentioned offers an interesting differential, high-speed low
loss transmission option to the world. There are even options to extend it to
100's of feet.

I've been thinking to use it for time and frequency transmission. It's a
nice small connector, and cables are of decent quality.

SATA is another one of these cheap new differential connections, although  it
would be tough to get cheap long SATA cables. HDMI cables are easy  to
acquire everywhere.

bye,
Said