[time-nuts] PTS310 Manual

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Wed May 16 07:13:47 UTC 2007

df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de writes:

no, it  is not urgent. I am waiting for the PTS310 to arrive here within
the course  of the week. After what you have said about its "edge" I am
REALLY eager to  paly around with it.

-------------------------
Hi Ulrich

The PTS310 manual is now available from Didier's web site, as is the manual
for the PTS500, and there's some more to follow.

It's the PTS160 I have most experience of so far, I have two with all
modules fitted and front panel switches, plus another that "only" has modules  down
to 100Hz, and being able to dial up a clean and precise frequency  at a
reasonable signal level makes them a great local oscillator as well as  good
variable reference that can be GPS locked via the external input.
Full PC control is the next step, my 310 and X10 are both remote only, as
I've at least one HF receiver, normally crystal controlled but takes very well
to LO injection, that needs a calculator every time I want to change
frequency!!
For many things they might be considered overkill, but they do  come with a
very definite "feel good" factor:-)

Using the PTS kit can get a bit silly with something like the Softrock
though, a receiver that folks are building into Altoids tins with a local
oscillator that fits a 19inch rack:-)

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR