[time-nuts] Z3801A with other GPS receiver

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Fri May 18 22:47:01 UTC 2007

That would be fine if I were dealing with a Z3801, but at the moment, I
am looking at that Z3801 main board someone has been trying to sell on
eBay for the best part of a year and I was wondering if something could
be done with it. It has no GPS and no OCXO.

I have a spare 10811 and lots of GPS receivers (4 different types at
last count, excluding the Thunderbolt), but no Oncore or M12.

I have several uC dev boards for my favorite chips, and some have dual
serial ports, so a converter would be quite feasible (assuming the
system software can deal with the delay in translating the command,
resending the command, getting the response, translating the response
and resending the response.)

I am not sure I want to do that for one piece though, I simply can't
justify the time. If there was a market however, it would be different.

Didier KO4BB