[time-nuts] 15 ns vs. 15 nS

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Tue May 22 14:30:43 UTC 2007

John Day wrote:
> At 09:26 AM 5/22/2007, Didier Juges wrote:
>
>> Having been on the western side of the pond for too long (people here
>> could not care less about SI units, they drive on parkways and park on
>> driveways anyhow), I got bad habits, sorry...
>>

> We'll forgive you Didier! I find the same thing up here in Canada
> despite the fact we are slightly more metricated than the US.
>
> However I just cannot bring myself to give up 'English' spelling.
> Canada is confused, they spell some things English style, and other
> things US style. But for me it is still colour, programme and metre.
>
> John

That's OK, you should hear a conversation at home between my children
and me. It would make a franco-english canadian cringe...

Now, the funniest part was when I started here some 20 years ago, and I
went to the secretary and asked for a rubber... She sent me to the stock
room, who sent me to someone else. It took me 3 stops to realize they
were having a good time at my expense...

Didier KO4BB