[time-nuts] Kode 375-928 Display - Help!

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Wed May 23 23:06:11 UTC 2007

So off of an impulse (and low bid of $9.99) I bought a Kode 375-928 display
off eBay. No picture or anything in the auction, but I figured I would take
the chance and hopefully nobody else would bid.

A huge box came today, and guess what was inside? This display has to be
about 3 to 4 feet long! It has 12 alpha-numeric type digits (broken up in to
three groups of four).

The back interface has only a 25pin dsub connector along with jumpers for
baud rate select & address select. There's a couple more holes for
additional connectors but they are not installed.

Inside it is pretty bare, there's the power supplies, PCB for the front
display digits, then another PCB with a bunch of socketed chips which I'm
guessing is the brains.

I'll have to probe the (serial?) port tomorrow when I get to the office.
I'll also take some pictures, this thing is pretty cool looking.

So, my question is... Does anyone have any sort of experience with these
kind of Kode displays? Or just a generic hunch about the interface? I was
thinking maybe it was a BCD port, but I've never seen one with a baud rate /
address selection. The only other Kode I have uses a simple BNC input for
IRIG-B.

Jason