[time-nuts] 10 MHz Phase Coherent

Martyn Smith martyn at ptsyst.com
Fri May 25 11:38:21 UTC 2007

My company Precision Test Systems makes GPS Disciplined rubidium and OXCO frequency standards (www.ptsysyt.com).  Well that's my free add!!!  What I am always being asked for is to have the 10 MHz sinewave of a GPSDO in phase with the 1 pps pulse (which is UTC aligned).

Does anyone know if any companies make units where the 10 MHz is in phase with the 1 pps UTC signal?

I'm not convinced anyone needs this feature, but customers keep asking for it, then don't realise they will have to be very careful with their cabling to maintain the phase.

I actually have another product that effectively does this, so I could add it as an option.  But as I said, does anyone really need this??

Best Regards

Martyn

This Email is from:

Martyn Smith
Precision Test Systems LTD
Tel: +44 (0) 1245 329608
Email: martyn at ptsyst.com
Web: www.ptsyst.com

NOTICE - This message contains legally privileged and confidential
information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that
you must not disseminate, distribute, copy or take any action in reliance on
it. If you have received this message in error, please notify Precision Test
Systems LTD.

This communication represents the originator's personal views and opinions,
which do not necessarily reflect those of Precision Test Systems Ltd. from
whom it emanates. Further, Precision Test Systems Ltd. will not be held
responsible for its contents and/or attachments, if the communication
contravenes the rules of Precision Test Systems Ltd's email policy.