[time-nuts] HP E1938 oscillator

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sun May 27 00:39:23 UTC 2007

In a message dated 5/26/2007 15:20:44 Pacific Daylight Time,
bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz writes:

Richard  (Rick) Karlquist wrote:
> Regarding non-USA requestors:  I will  need to look
> into the customs aspect of this.  If anyone on  the
> list can give me a tutorial on this it would be
>  helpful.  These are "gifts" if that matters for
> customs  purposes.  Also, they have essentially zero
> market value as  "discards".

Hello Rick,

on the customs issue, you may have to check the items against the commerce
control list (CCL Export Administration Regulation) especially section 3A002 I
believe.

Even (or especially!) if they are of "$0" value prototypes.

High-tech items such as this "super-high-tech" oscillator cannot be  exported
into all countries w/o export license. You have to check the list, and  then
consider each country individually. Usually most western countries do  not
present an issue except maybe Israel.

Fedex for example will ask for a "harmonized code" from the CCL to be
written on the transport paperwork, and will not export it without written
declaration by you.

The government can be extremely sensitive to this, that's why some  companies
like MiniCircuits require a declaration of conformance even when  buying and
shipping their parts in the US!

It is for example illegal to just sent schematics to China via email  without
export license...

bye,
Said