[time-nuts] The first "time nut"?

Daun Yeagley daun at yeagley.net
Sun May 27 18:48:18 UTC 2007

No, that is correct.  The Accutron has a predictable position error, gaining or
loosing a couple of seconds a day depending on whether the tines of the fork are
pointing up or down. (gravity effects!).  They are calibrated depending on
whether it is worn on the inside or outside of the wrist, or whether on the left
or right arm.  He was simply taking advantage of this phenomenon to make it gain
or loose without having to reset it.  (on the original 214's there was no hack
mechanism to start and stop the movement without taking the battery out).
When the watch is worn, it's temperature is maintained at very close to body
temperature, in effect it's own "oven".

Daun