[time-nuts] Info on HP 10514A and 10534A mixers?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun May 27 20:32:49 UTC 2007

Anyone have a manual for either (or both) of these mixers?  I picked up
a couple in very nice shape at the Dayton Hamvention and am doing what
may be a very interesting experiment that involves using them to downmix
two synthesizers set to produce a difference frequency in the HF range,
and then measure their phase noise via the difference frequency.

In particular, I'm interested in the optimal input levels, the output
frequency range, and to verify what the "L", "X", and "R" connector
markings are.  I'm assuming L is local oscillator, X is input, and R is
output, but that's just a guess (for all I know, "L" could be "left" and
"R" could be "right"!)

Thanks,

John