[time-nuts] Cathodeon oscillators

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Tue May 29 21:27:21 UTC 2007

Hi all, I have had a quick search but can't find any archive so I am
probably going to ask a question that has been asked last week and last
month and ....groan. If so please accept my apologies.

I have been interested in time measurement for many years but not done a
great deal in that area. I recently acquired a couple of Cathodeon High
Quality oscillators type FS5951 and FS5970 these are, preversely 5MHZ and
10MHz respectively. The case is 1 in x 1.4in x 1in tall with 8 holes in the
case but only 4 pins at the corners. Frustratingly this firm once lived at
Linton just outside Cambridge (UK) just 50 miles up the road from me, and I
have some data on some of their products but not on these items.

I am suspecting from the size that they have a good quality crystal inside
and are probably temperature compensated. With 4 pins it is also possible
they are voltage adjustable. Though there an access hole in the top of the
case to a trimmer. The voltage adjust would be useful for considering
locking to GPS or Loran-C.

Can anyone provide, or point me at, data sheets for Cathodeon oscillators
....Google does not help these days as Cathodeon "stopped trading" or
probably was wound up, as they were owned by Philips, in 1992.

Thanks
Alan ( G3NYK )