[time-nuts] FW: Pendulums & Atomic Clocks & Gravity

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Wed May 30 00:35:21 UTC 2007

James,

Where were you all week-end?

Your explanations are so clear, it makes sense now. Thank you very much.

I understand now that centrifugal forces are necessary to explain the behavior of objects when an accelerating frame of reference is used, but not necessary (actually counter-productive) to explain the behavior of the same objects when an inertial frame of reference is used.

That solves my problem and the apparent contradiction that sometimes the centrifugal force is necessary and sometimes not, because I did not appreciate the effects of changing the frame of reference.

Thanks a lot again.

I had no idea time-nuts would drive me to brush-up on physics :-)

Didier KO4BB