[time-nuts] PRS-10 findings

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Wed May 30 19:40:42 UTC 2007

In a message dated 5/30/2007 07:29:36 Pacific Daylight Time,
bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz writes:

>A  manifestation of the effects of slowly sweeping through a range of
>start and stop interpolator values so that the interpolator integral  and
>and differential non linearities become apparent?
>Strictly  the difference between the nonlinearities of the start and stop
>interpolators becomes visible.
>The resultant variation of  around 300ps pp are well within the
>specifications for the  counter.

Hi Bruce,

that makes sense, would also explain why the issue seems to be mitigiated
when the offset is not 80ns between the channels (I am trying 110ns now).

I do see up to 1ns variation in my data though, so that would be out of  spec
I think.

bye,
Said