[time-nuts] Fury Interface Board: How about TI OPA277? -- Very Long Reply

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sat Nov 3 18:59:16 UTC 2007

In a message dated 11/3/2007 06:16:00 Pacific Daylight Time,
xaos at darksmile.net writes:

>3. Said said, that a thermistor should be placed between the  Fury OCXO
>VCC and ground. Since I will be
>   breaking  out these signals to the interface board, I assume I can
>connect the  thermistor there.
>   Am I missing something  there?

>4. Should I be remote sensing the +12V, (from Fury OCXO  connection) in
>order to track my +12V power  supply?
>   I get the impression that the Fury controls this  voltage as well. Am
>I correct in this?
>   Bruce  suggested this and it sounds like a good idea.

>Well, that's all I  can think of now. I've been up all night working on
>this and I need  some sleep.

Hi George,

using a thermistor (thermally connected to the OCXO) on the Fury's OCXO
power pins is an option to try to improve stability by having Fury measure and
compensate for temperature coefficients in the OCXO.

Typically the Fury would measure the OCXO's power-supply  current-variation
versus temperature. A thermistor may work as a replacement  sensor for external
OCXO's.

Thanks for your efforts on this!

Bye,
Said