[time-nuts] Fury Interface Board: How about TI OPA277?

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sat Nov 3 20:12:20 UTC 2007

In a message dated 11/3/2007 12:07:18 Pacific Daylight Time,
magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org writes:

>Maybe you should consider "fair reconfigurations" in a defined list  as
>tolerated without voiding the warranty.

>I.e. you define a  list of modifications which is allowed without voiding the
>warranty.  Naturally, if a unit is sent in, any such allowed
reconfigurations
>needs to be  detailed.

>MVH
>Magnus

Hi Magnus,

the problem with any soldering is that not every users' skill level is good
enough.

We have seen Fury's come in from some commercial customers  completely
butchered by so called "expert technicians" that were just asked to  remove
connectors (and paid to do so), or add single-pin headers etc.

Not a pretty sight.

We would rather do the work for our customers for free if  shipping is paid
by the customer, and offer this as a service to everyone.

I know that most of you are perfectly capable of doing such re-work
successfully, but for us it's too much of a risk to allow rework, and still give  full
warranty unfortunately.

Bye,
Said