[time-nuts] Fury Interface Board: 5MHz needed?

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Wed Nov 7 02:21:03 UTC 2007

In a message dated 11/6/2007 16:29:16 Pacific Standard Time,
nebula at telus.net writes:

>George for a single ground pin OXCO you might want to consider  compensating
>for the oven's internal ground bounce. The voltage drop  caused by a normal
>heater current is around 1/4 to 1/2mV for an MTI  260 oven.

Hi Peter,

there was some discussion about this a couple of days ago.

All I can add in regards to the Fury GPSDO is: the EFC control  voltage
ground, and heater ground MUST be Kelvin-sensed.

Any ground loop error above about 10 - 50 microvolts would affect the
systems' accuracy on good double oven OCXO's.

Whoever conceived to put both the heater current and EFC ground return on
the same pin must not have been paying any attention in his/her engineering
classes.

bye,
Said