[time-nuts] Fury Interface Board: 5MHz needed?

Peter Schmelcher nebula at telus.net
Thu Nov 8 10:29:54 UTC 2007

>Is the worry, then, about the minor ambient temperature related
>variations in steady-state oven current? Or something else?

Tom the problem is easy to observe by cooling the OXCO with a fan and
watching the EFC change.
I like to think of the issue in EFC steps. The OXCO's internal ground
bounce is about 100 DAC steps. A fresh off the shelf Z3816 main board adds
an additional 4mV of ground bounce so the total variation is a fraction of
1000 DAC steps.

Peter