[time-nuts] Fury Interface Board: 5MHz needed?

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Thu Nov 8 16:20:58 UTC 2007

An illustration of what I meant would be what happens when someone opens the door to the lab where the GPSDO is located. The room temperature may change by a few degrees over a few minutes time, causing the oven to kick in (or out). That kind of change is too fast for the GPS to compensate for, and the increased (or decreased) oven current will drive a frequency change.

Slow diurnal changes would be compensated for, but as Said commented, the loop can only compensate for an error it sees. If there is no error to begin with, there is no error to compensate for.

Didier