[time-nuts] 53131A or 5370B

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Nov 10 01:23:10 UTC 2007

From: "Pete" <peterawson at earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] 53131A or 5370B
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 17:31:54 -0700

> ); SAEximRunCond expanded to false
>
> Here's another $.02 worth.
>
> The Pendulum CNT-81/Fluke/Philips PM6681 has started to show up on *Bay.
> I have seen sales from $370 to $580 from reliable sellers. Some have been
> sold
> on "store" listings for $550 to $650. This is a REALLY nice counter, the
> single
> shot TI accuracy of +/- 50ps seems very conservative. Check the specs, your
> satisfaction may vary from mine; but I like it quite well.

They seem to prefer the conservative count. You should view the 50 ps number
as a combination of resolution and trigger jitter. The resolution will surely
be less. I beleive I toyed with a 6681 a few years back, but I didn't do any
real resolution and jitter test exercises.

Good to see them out on market.

Cheers,
Magnus