[time-nuts] FE-5860A

Stan W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Mon Nov 12 16:16:03 UTC 2007

Hello,

I agree, lots of options available from the factory. not only frequency,
but voltage needed.

http://www.freqelec.com/prod_pdf/FEI%205680A%20Rb.pdf

Send an inquiry to the factory sales dept. about your specific model
number and serial number.
They may help you sort it out, unless the data is proprietary for their
original customer.

Accuracy depends on your requirements. Yes the Rb is accurate and
stable, but it can drift in time.
My Rb was about 2 parts in E10 after 10 years on the bench. I plan to
compare it to the Cs
derived LORAN-C, 100 KHz signals, thru a Austron 2100 timing receiver.
At this time I think I can be happy with 1 part in E11 for my station clock
and 1 part in E10 for HF frequency measurements.

Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is expensive. No plans for a Cs at this
time.
If I can fully understand the LORAN-C accuracy's and the Austron timing
RX, I will be at
a nice "interim" level of happiness.

I have gotten a 4 parts in E13 comparison between the LORAN-C and the
GPS disciplined oscillator,
at least for a short time, multiple times a day.
Most readings are between E10 an E13 comparing the GPS DO and the
Loran-C RX.
probably bouncing due to the propagation paths and propagation
perturbations.
Loran-C secondary station is ~ 40 miles away, but GPS GEO sats are
~26,000 Km away.

It all started with Frequency Measuring Contests and a lot of folks were
orders of magnitude
 more accurate than I could get. I am closing the gap.

Stan, W1LE   FN41sr  Cape Cod