[time-nuts] LORAN-C antenna

christopher hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Tue Nov 13 03:01:29 UTC 2007

> Is it possible to build a Loran antenna?

Sure.  There are plenty of plans out there or LF, mostly loops, diamonds,
squares and E-probes.  Try google.  If that doesn't work, I'll chase down
the set of links I have.

I built a loop on a pair of crossed dowels that worked fine with my SRS
FS700 with a balun.  There's a loop calculator out there on the web that
will help you get in the right neighborhood in terms of diameter and number
of windings.

I eventually bought an LF Engineering H-900 [1].  The H-900 is really nice,
although I would prefer it had been connectorized at the antenna end.

[1] http://www.lfengineering.com/pdf/H900inst.pdf

-ch