[time-nuts] GPS Jamming in the UK

Rob Kimberley rk at timing-consultants.com
Tue Nov 13 19:52:00 UTC 2007

C/A code was originally designed as course clock to allow P/Y code hardware
to lock on, and you should also note that latest generation P/Y hardware can
directly acquire and stay locked without C/A. In the event of a local or
Global conflict, C/A will be denied to some or all users.

The jamming tests undertaken may be part of testing new generation hardware
in high jam/non C/A scenario.

More info in Hugo Fruehauf's excellent paper which I've put on my web site.

http://www.timing-consultants.com/images/Web%20Site%20App%20Notes/saasm%20co
ml%20brfg%207-04.pdf

(and yes, I know I need to remove the spaces in the title)

Rob K