[time-nuts] OT: Prologix GPIB and HP3478A...

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Wed Nov 28 05:54:51 UTC 2007

Hi Brooke,

I'm sending the commands as I type them in Kermit.  Surely that is slow
enough.

I cannot send any commands to the 3478A.  The simple act of asking the
prologix to do anything other than ++ver, locks up the prologix so it
ignores all USB traffic.

The Prologix works fine with a 3438A, which is about as old as GPIB
gets.  Also with a 3437A, which is pretty old too.

Something is broken here.  The prologix is probably violating some timing
requirement in the handshaking, and the 3478A isn't playing along.

-Chuck Harris