[time-nuts] fury lock light?

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Wed Nov 28 07:15:23 UTC 2007

In a message dated 11/27/2007 21:22:41 Pacific Standard Time,
christopher.hoover at hp.com writes:

>Under what criteria does the Fury turn  on its lock light?
Hi CH,

good question, let me CC the time nuts on the answer.

We are at the PTTI, so sorry for the sluggish communication.

The Fury actually checks the temperature of the OCXO case. A lock LED
requires that the OCXO has a minimum case temperature of 35 Deg C or higher. If  the
temperature falls below this value, an Alarm condition is given.

The temperature in your plots is below 35C, so the unit does not give a
"lock" indication.

This is an oversight on our end, sorry for the issue. We will fix this, and
post a software update for this (rev 1.15 firmware).

That software update will also include a neat new feature: a "fail-safe"
1PPS external input.

This gives the user the option to feed an external 1PPS signal (from  another
GPSDO, or any other good-stability source), and the Fury will  automatically
switch-over to the second 1PPS input if the GPS goes into holdover  for
whatever reason. A manual selection via SCPI is also possible.

We also fixed a minor issue which could cause small glitches when going  into
holdover mode, your plots seem to show these glitches from time to  time.

Hope this helps, and that everyone will like this new feature and the  fixes,
Said