[time-nuts] OT: Prologix GPIB and HP3478A...The Answer!

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Wed Nov 28 18:45:38 UTC 2007

Interesting point there.  I seem to recall quite a few pullup/pulldown
options in the Atmel port-configuration registers; this may just be a matter
of selecting a mode that looks more like the resistor configuration Chuck
mentioned.

Personally, I think it's fine if you support only 99% of the GPIB devices
out there and leave the remaining 1% to the competition.  Your boards have
proven compatible with an incredibly-wide array of instruments at this
point.  If the 3478A problem can't be fixed in software, I think the best
answer is, "Sorry, we don't support that one, here's a refund."  It
certainly isn't worth adding more chips (and cost) to the board IMHO.

-- john, KE5FX