[time-nuts] Chronometer contest sponsored by IEEE Spectrum

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Nov 30 18:04:32 UTC 2007

> With a little work you might be able to precisely  calculate the
> maxima of the parabola and precisely set the frequency  independent of
> temp and aging.  Ha!

What's the aging like for watch crystals?

What type of cut to watch crystals use?  Are there any generalizations about
aging?

I don't remember any tales of watches changing from good to bad after a
couple of years.  Surely there are enough geeks who keep an eye on the
performance of their watches that somebody would have noticed.  Or maybe they
setup the initial calibration so it gets better as it ages for the first
year...