[time-nuts] Looking for HP5359A manual

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Fri Nov 30 21:10:30 UTC 2007

From: "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Looking for HP5359A manual
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 20:34:20 +0000

> In message <20071130.101347.1723228198.cfmd at bredband.net>, Magnus Danielson wri
> tes:
>
> >http://rubidium.dyndns.org/~magnus/electronics/HP5359A-draft.pdf
>
> In addition to manuals, we should start to preserve the (EP)ROM
> contents of these instruments, early generation EPROMS are reaching
> end of life in a lot of systems.
>
> I already had to replace the 2732's in my HP8568B some time ago.

I agree. I have been thinking the same for some time now. We may have all the
spare components for normal logic and most analogue, but programmable stuff is
fairly easy to restore if you only have the images. EPROMs is not always as
stable as the surrounding logic.

There will always be unobtainables thought. But for EPROMs it feels so stupid
since it is so easy to fix.

Cheers,
Magnus