[time-nuts] Brooks Shera

Peter Lacey aa1zu at comcast.net
Wed Oct 3 11:03:41 UTC 2007

The source is at:

http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/ppsdiv/?C=N;O=A

Peter Lacey
AA1ZU

-----Original Message-----
From: time-nuts-bounces at febo.com [mailto:time-nuts-bounces at febo.com] On
Behalf Of Rex
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 5:35 AM
To: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Brooks Shera

David Hopkins wrote:
> ); SAEximRunCond expanded to false
>
> I had an email reply from him a couple of months ago. Reply was less
> than 24 Hours.
>
> A couple of weeks ago I needed a PIC for his project and ended up
> programming it from the file I downloaded from his site.
>
> Biggest problem was finding the PIC as it is quite old.
>
> David
>
> At 11:07 AM 3/10/2007, you wrote:

Here in the US, it looks like Digikey still has the 16C73A available.
Several newer chips would probably work fine, though, loading the Shera
hex module, but telling the programmer what chip it is. A few chips that
I think would be ok: 16F73, 16F873, 16F876. Looks like at least 10 MHz
versions would be required for the input clock.

Has anyone ever seen the commented assembler source? I would be
interested to see how the filtering and math was implemented -- but I
guess I am not interested enough to try to dig it out without comments
and symbols.