[time-nuts] OT: Test for NI IEEE-488 interface

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Sat Oct 6 18:27:18 UTC 2007

Hi, Ulrich --

I only support the GPIB0 device name in my package, so it's easy enough in
my case to do an ibfind("GPIB0").  If that returns >= 0 (and the ERR flag is
not set in the returned value), then I do an ibonl(GPIB0,0) to close the
handle, and assume that a valid National Instruments interface is present.

If you wanted to support other device names, you'd need to repeat that
procedure for all of them, I imagine.

-- john, KE5FX